hit by hertz driver

#1 2017-12-18 10:08:03

New member

hit by hertz driver

hi, my car was hit by a hertz car, liability established as his. hertz telling me to find a garage to repair and they will pay for it, car is vw golf 04 gt tdi. damage to left wing and perhaps steering (axle). what to do? they say that they will transfer me money and i pay the garage and keep the car? But the quote was based on photos only could be more damaged discovered, car has to be towed to garage but then if i take it there then i commit to work done vs. getting a payout which is quoted as ?2.3k for repairs from the photos only, dunno if there is more damage costs when they look at it..

hertz dont have insurance but will pay for repairs?
offered to give cash and keep car? will the amount offered be enough?
can my insurance help at all?

#2 2018-01-18 17:23:52

New member

Please share your contact number, We are paralegal law firm.

#3 2018-01-23 09:46:04

New member



Posts: 2

Perhaps, you may find a good list of solicitors on Legit Claims that can help you get some valid information in your matter.

#4 2018-01-30 14:03:41

New member



Posts: 7

Hi CJ,

I am sorry to hear about the crash.

How are you yourself - are you suffering any neck/back pains or other injuries? Bare in mind that if now (or within next 3 years after the accident) you would feel any pains or injuries, than you might claim for personal injury. I am saying this to you because together with personal injury claim you could legally claim for vehicle damages and it would not evoke any questions like now. To claim you have two options - your own insurance (what would affect your no claim bonus) and accident claims assistance service as Accident Claims 24 (what does not affect your no claim bonus).

The current situation seems very casual - Hertz does not want to inform insurance and pay you less than you would get when claiming. The offer is dangerous since obviously it is just a verbal agreement with you and the fault driver - it's not protected legally and based on trust.

If you need any more help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ryan from Accident Claims 24

#5 2018-02-01 12:42:21




Posts: 107

You should contact a specialized personal injury lawyer who has a good number of experience in handling these type of cases.