Accident at tesco, Knee Injury.

#1 2012-02-11 05:19:01
Rachel1985

Accident at tesco, Knee Injury.

Ok I'm looking for advice as i'm scared to claim incase i think i'm being stupid...

I was in work and there is a metal panel under the sink, this weighs a good 30kg maybe heavier it is supposed to be attached by 2 hinge's.

One of the hinge's had broken off and the other was just a hook bent type of metal over a piece of wood keeping it in position.

Now this panel has slightly overlapped a large fridge door as I have opened the fridge door i did open it in a normal manner with abit of force and as I have this panel has become detached fell and smashed the inside of my right knee.

As a health and safety issue this panel should be attached properly and who ever put it back should of put it back in the correct manner.

I was in immediate pain and within 30 minutes it started swelling and i had difficulty walking, it was recorded in the accident book and I stayed in work for the remainder of my shift, ( about 2 hours ) stood up in pain, I thought it was just a bruise etc so if i went home and used R.I.C.E it would be ok, on saturday the swelling and brusing was very large and very painful so i went to A+E had an X-ray and he said there was no fractures.

This pain persisted so i rang the doctors booked an appointment and again was told to keep the rice going.

I was given a weeks sick note and while the swelling has gone down it is still very painful to bend it ache's if i stand on it, i've been feeling so bad as I have been able to go out, i've missed a important birthday and i've also not been able to visit my grandma in hospital who is very ill.

The peroid of my sick note is ending I still have problems using my knee normally and while i can walk it is still discomferting I can't bend and there is still very very very sharp pains on the right side of my knee on the bone and it feels very warm to touch that area. It is also difficult to extend after a peroid of inactivity eg sat down.

Could I have a bruised bone? I don't know it it's an x - ray or an mri that shows it I haven't asked my doctor he just said use rice.

Do i have the basis of a claim... I was injured in work had a week off my symptons still persist the pain is still there in certain area's of my knee especially on the side of the bone, I have difficulty standing for prolonged peroids which my job requires and difficulty bending down as my muscle in my knee spasms in pain.

#2 2012-02-15 03:25:08
Savas & Savage Solicitors

2012-02-15

It sounds like you do have a potential claim.

#3 2012-04-07 16:07:48
robinc

2012-04-07

Rachel1985 wrote:

Ok I'm looking for advice as i'm scared to claim incase i think i'm being stupid...

I was in work and there is a metal panel under the sink, this weighs a good 30kg maybe heavier it is supposed to be attached by 2 hinge's.

One of the hinge's had broken off and the other was just a hook bent type of metal over a piece of wood keeping it in position.

Now this panel has slightly overlapped a large fridge door as I have opened the fridge door i did open it in a normal manner with abit of force and as I have this panel has become detached fell and smashed the inside of my right knee.

As a health and safety issue this panel should be attached properly and who ever put it back should of put it back in the correct manner.

I was in immediate pain and within 30 minutes it started swelling and i had difficulty walking, it was recorded in the accident book and I stayed in work for the remainder of my shift, ( about 2 hours ) stood up in pain, I thought it was just a bruise etc so if i went home and used R.I.C.E it would be ok, on saturday the swelling and brusing was very large and very painful so i went to A+E had an X-ray and he said there was no fractures.

This pain persisted so i rang the doctors booked an appointment and again was told to keep the rice going.

I was given a weeks sick note and while the swelling has gone down it is still very painful to bend it ache's if i stand on it, i've been feeling so bad as I have been able to go out, i've missed a important birthday and i've also not been able to visit my grandma in hospital who is very ill.

The peroid of my sick note is ending I still have problems using my knee normally and while i can walk it is still discomferting I can't bend and there is still very very very sharp pains on the right side of my knee on the bone and it feels very warm to touch that area. It is also difficult to extend after a peroid of inactivity eg sat down.

Could I have a bruised bone? I don't know it it's an x - ray or an mri that shows it I haven't asked my doctor he just said use rice.

Do i have the basis of a claim... I was injured in work had a week off my symptons still persist the pain is still there in certain area's of my knee especially on the side of the bone, I have difficulty standing for prolonged peroids which my job requires and difficulty bending down as my muscle in my knee spasms in pain.

Rachel,

Sorry to hear about your ongoing pain with your knee as a result of your accident at work. The good news is that you do have a potentially good claim on your employer's liability insurance.

Robin

#4 2012-06-02 08:21:02
Happy Claim

2012-06-02

Hello Rachel ,

Feeling very sad for you about your pain...You should know all employers must have public liablity insurance.You should not do it yourself but through a personal injury solicitor who will act for you on a "no win, no fee basis". Best wishes for your health and GET WELL SOON...

#5 2012-07-03 10:49:33
jay82

2012-06-21

You can definitely claim from your owner's liability insurance. you got injured at work, due to the owner's property . You will not only be compensated for the leave you took, but also any other medical charges . Hope you get well soon, and try geting a checkup done from another doctor for cross examination just incase smile