Medical Claim After Three Years

#1 2015-01-22 11:03:54
Pat

Medical Claim After Three Years

I had surgery when I was a child and due to a mistake by the surgeon I started experiencing issues in my late teens/early twenties. I consulted a doctor who referred me for more surgery, which improved matters slightly but generally the issues persisted. Throughout my twenties I sought advice from various doctors and had further procedures to help improve my situation. After these attempts failed, I tried to get advice from "no win no fee" solicitors on two occasions but because the surgery that caused the problems was more than three years ago, they would not progress my case. Two years ago a further related issue presented itself, also a result of the initial surgery. I am now 28 years of age and after almost a decade of being prodded by the NHS with little improvement I feel that I deserve something in compensation. It seems unfair that by giving the NHS the chance to fix a problem before jumping into a lawsuit I have now lost my opportunity for compensation. Does anyone have any advice on how I might still be able to claim?

Thanks,

P

#2 2017-03-23 06:14:32
shireslaw

2016-09-26

Yes, the SOL for seeking compensation is 3 years from the date of injury. You should have acted on this much before.I'm not aware of your state laws pertaining to such cases, but do you have all medical documentation pertaining to your treatment since beginning?