Botched operation - compensation

#1 2015-04-16 19:20:41
Neil

Botched operation - compensation

Hi
Looking for some advice please.
I had a sebaceous cyst which got infected and after seeing the gp several times it became so painful I needed to go to A&E. They decided to drain the cyst the following day as an emergency when I came round after the procedure they had decided to remove it instead of draining it. A week later I went to the gp surgery to have the stitches removed and the wound opened back up and the nurse told me that the stitches were really bad but there was nothing else they could do except wait for it to heal, I have to go to the surgery 3 times a week to have the dressings changed.
They wrote to the hospital for them to review my wound but as yet I am still awaiting a reply.

I cannot work until this wound is healed which could be months, I work nights and earn really good money via an agency and was due to start a new job with this same company (direct not agency) on 12th April which I am waiting to hear if they will delay my start date so I am extremely out of pocket, with a family to provide for.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend what I could do with regards to compensation and loss of earnings.

Thanks in advance

#2 2016-10-17 08:07:47
Kaylyn

I’m really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A couple of my blog audience have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any solutions to help fix this pr#|8em?bI&ol217;m curious to find out what blog system you happen to be utilizing? I’m having some small security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations?

#3 2017-01-25 06:33:14
Aaron Smith

2016-10-03

: Loss of earnings is crucial at this stage of your career. Did you have a word with the agency manager? I'm experiencing a similar situation, so need to gain some insight.

#4 2017-02-08 05:41:31
Kalie

great work!  so funny, i di2d;#8n17&t realize your last blog post and my post had the same title!  great minds right???  it was so nice you meet you and all of your wonderful family!

#5 2017-02-08 05:43:07
Candid

should you have a workout partner or should you fly solo, like me???  The answer is it desnedp. If you click that link, it will take you to an awesome article by Steven Bubel.??  His article

#6 2017-02-15 14:28:29
Tariq khan

Hi Niel hope you are better. it seems like the poor stiching is a casuse of medical negligence and you would be entitiled to compensation especially if there are medical records backing this up. You would also be entitled to loss of earnings. Contact me if you require further info