Road Traffic Accident Ended Working Life

#1 2017-03-29 08:20:18
eve

Road Traffic Accident Ended Working Life

My partner had a RTA late 2014. He was returning from work in his 4Trak car. Dark night and drizzly. Car in front of him indicating right and was stationary so he was behind. Car ploughed into the back of him shunting him into the back of the car in front. Police called and partner taken to hospital. He had xrays and scans to neck though had injuries to wrist, and back. Also suffered hearing loss but DR said ok. He was discharged within hours. He thought he would be back at work within a week even though his car was written off. The offending driver had a speed awareness course whereas my partner has not been able to work since due to back/wrist/neck/headaches/dizzyspells/bleeding from ear. His insurance company is sorting it out but the 'medical expert' has decreed that his injuries should have been sorted within 4 months and that its all mostly due to osteoarthritis anyway. So, no claim !!! Any advice on how to proceed with this would be extremely welcome as we are at our wits end. He is almost bankrupt due to not working.

#2 2017-04-13 22:17:10
Malik

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the accident. If you would like to discuss this further then please call on 07722 562279

#3 2017-08-01 12:41:24
shireslaw

2016-09-26

Feeling sad to hear this, but I think you should concern a personal injury solicitor who has a good experience in handling these types of claims. Contact - http://shireslaw.com/

#4 2018-02-06 12:52:16
Depressed

Sorry about the accident I'm in a similar position had accident got nocked of my bicycle head-on collision went to a&e got it scan was told I had no broken bones went home the day after I was bed ridden for 5 days paralysis though I could fix my self  GP has not helped fast forward 2017 2 medical experts one of which said he was going to contact my GP but did not other medical expert is ok they say I have pre-existing vascular problem and prolapsed disc also nerve damage and other strange pains  I am going down the road of paralysis in my legs out of work and  broke and my partner has cancer  i wanted a private scan MRI but was told it would not be funded by the insurance company also asked for interim payment (money)solicitor said would pregadice my claim  soad to wait for NHS who now say I need surgery  I was also bombarded with settlement letter by solicitor I have now changed solicitor who is progressing the claim  seems we are on our own carnt afford out of pocket to pay myself seems the medical report opens the door for private care ie no waiting or referral from GP I am complaining to my previous solicitor not sure what happens next total ruined my life in pain 24/ unemployed also unemployable

#5 2018-03-20 14:30:04
Steve

Your story is tragic and I wish I could help. Your experience sounds very similar mine. I had 2 medical experts who got it wrong. They siad in their opinion I should have been back at work in 6 months, which had I received the right treatment at the right time, then I might have. The medical fact is that I have only got better within the last 6 months. Why can't they see the facts. I have lost my business thorugh this, which apparently I cannot claim for ! So I lose all ways from an accident in which I was the victim. I was told I could not gain or lose, yet I have lost everything and at one point considered ending it all.I have seen my MP about this but she can only get involved to a certain degree, and I am considering going to the papers. The only ones who seem to win are these medical experts, who earn fortunes doing these examinations which take about 5 minutes. How can they assess anyone in such a short time ? Its not a fair system and seems like legalised fraud if thats the right term. I am going to keep on fighting as I have come this far...

#6 2018-03-29 17:07:58
amansolicitors

2018-03-29

Ohh, Glad you make it. If you had discuss this with any of professional solicitors which deals with such a road accidents you must try Aman Solicitors.
You can visit them here: amansolicitors . co . uk/
Or can even call them at : 0121 328 4455