Dodgy accident claim

#1 2017-04-16 22:16:33
asus1

Dodgy accident claim

Hi, I am new to the forum and was hoping someone may be able to help me. It has taken me a lot of courage to write this as I am extremely embarrassed of this situation, so much so that I have never told my parents about it.

Around 3/4 years ago when I was around 17 years old I got involved with a group of older guys who pressured me into getting involved in a 'crash for cash' type of scam. I didn't really know what was going on nor did I feel I had a choice due to them being 10 years or more older than me. I felt if I did not take part in what they were doing there would be consequences for me and my family. Once it had been put through and he solicitors started to deal with the claim it went pair shaped. And it went into investigation. As the years went by it went further and further. It resulted in it being struck out of court and I got left with ?9000 worth of court and solicitor fee's. This is the biggest regret I have and I don't know what to do know. I have trouble sleeping and it is a constant worry for me. I feel like I have no one I can go to or speak to and I just need some guidance as I feel as though I am completely alone. I have been advised that one way in which I can get out of this is if I file for bankruptcy? Please can you give me some feedback as I have no idea what I can do now. All I can say is that I wish I had never got involved with these people.

Answer