Accident at the left turn

#1 2017-06-24 21:15:29
Nat

Accident at the left turn

Coming back from school had a little bump with another car I am sure it wasn't my fault but just want to check and get some advice please!
It's a small road in residential area just by the school so it's gets busy and cars always park on the left lane by the pavement and only other lane is basically in use. I was parked just by the junction on the left with another car in front of me. Got in the car waited for the car in front to go and once it was clear i moved forward with lights and indicator on. Stopped at the junction to let people cross the road and once it was clear moved to turn left and bump! There was a car just in front of me overtaking me from the right lane behind be to turn left as well. Stopped to talk with an older lady driver sho just said she doesn't know what to do so she will give me a call. I'm not bothered because there's basically no damage to my car just a tiny nearly invisible scratch, smudge even on the corner of my bumper but she has a paint transfer through back door. So now she decided it's my fault clamining I was stationary and hit her! So she wants me to pay??? Not sure how much as she is meant to get quotes and get back to me but I'm sure it's her fault guessing she wasn't bothered to open her eyes and just assumed i was parked or something even though I had indicator on! Told her I am not really willing to agree to pay as she shouldn't overtake me on the junction with the pedestrian crossing just by the school?!
So I would really appreciate any advice on what to do and if I refuse to pay her private if it goes to the insurance company do I pay? Or lose my no claims discount? Or would it be refused if she was at fault and I don't really have any damage that I want to claim for? Thanks in advance never had any collision so not really sure what to do??

Answer