My accident has stopped me from running

#1 2009-06-04 17:03:23
KGreen

2009-06-04

My accident has stopped me from running

I got hit by a car 2 months ago, I was riding my bike and she didn't see me. Went straight into the side of me. It was in the news and radio. I use to run 16 miles and bike 40 miles a week and now I can't do any of it. I was planning on running a half marthon in November. I didn't brake anything, the police said I was lucky to be alive tho, I came away with a very badly bruised back (thats where I landed) and generally bruised all over.

I am claiming even tho at first I was reluctant as no amount of money will make up for the physical and mental pain that I am going through. I don't blame the lady that hit me but these insurance companies get enough from us so I thought what the heck they can afford it.

Anyway the reason for this post is to say I can sympathize with anybody that has been through the same thing, I can't believe how hard it is to get over the accident.

Making the claim is getting me through this, i should get a good amount when all goes through.

Anyway post if you are going through similar thing, I would love to know how you coping.

Answer