Reversing down road with right of way

#1 2011-04-07 21:41:08
Gwenny

2011-04-07

Reversing down road with right of way

I was driving down a very narrow road with parked cars on both sides when a vehicle coming the other way forced me to reverse back a very long way. I was reversing very slowly and carefully looking over my left shoulder, so I did not realise I had reached the side turning to the right of me. A car was stationary, but 3 quarters out into the road I was in, the white line, which, technically, she should have been behind, being just in front of her back wheel. The road I was reversing down had the right of way, but she was waiting well over the line (and I have very good photos to prove this), to try and turn out. She had no chance of turning out either right or left, because a car was coming down the road from the other end too. There were no vehicles behind her, and I was reversing very slowly, mindful that I would have to stop soon for the vehicle coming towards my rear from the other end. I cannot understand why she didn't do the obvious thing and reverse back into the side turning, but she stayed there until I hit her. The reason I didn't see her was because I was looking over my left shoulder to reverse, and she was just out of sight of my line of vision on the right. As she was most definitely right out into the road which she should have given way to, I am to blame for the accident or is she?

#2 2015-11-21 10:51:44
Uriel

- ???fantastic make known, vastly inamorftive. I contemplate why the supplementary experts of this sector don't appreciate this. You should maintain your writing. I'm assured, you have a colossal readers' base already!|